- What Revitrage Does
- Revenue generated for his clients and commissions paid to him.
- What Reddit is?
- Success that he's seen on Reddit
- How to get involved in the Reddit community
- The ways smart marketers and freelancers are using Reddit to drive traffic and generate leads
- The differences between “brand platforms” (like Facebook) and “community platforms” like Reddit.
- The types of content that perform best on community platforms.
- Tip: Cool "people finder" tool I use called Rocket Reach
- and much more!
Monthly Archives March 2017
I’ve been in the affiliate marketing space for over 15yrs and have done well both as an affiliate and an affiliate manager. I created sites early on (late 90’s) when I just has Amazon banner up and even as recent as November, 2016 I sold a subscription box affiliate website. I’ve managed small to large multi-million dollar affiliate programs (Buyseasons, Lenovo, etc…), sit on the board of Affiliate Summit the largest affiliate marketing conference. We get emails, calls, FB messages weekly on people starting out and wanting to learn. Some confused by there being so much information out there, I thought I would share what I know.
I’m starting with an interview I did last year, 2016 on Matt Tran’s Engineered Truth Channel. A channel dedicated to giving career advice and I was honored that he had me on to discuss my journey and what I know about the business today. Although this space changes a lot, some things stay the same. I hope there’s something you can take from this.
This year my team and I will be doing a video on starting an affiliate site from start to finish and everything in between. I want you to see real-time how it’s done. I purchased the domain name Iwanttobeanaffiliate.com to have a live Google hangout (no cost) and document the journey. Would that?
If you have business or affiliate questions, click here, leave a recording and if we use your question live on the podcast, you’ll get a FREE shirt! Who doesn’t like free…or shirts? You should see my shirt drawer. It’s shameful.
Also check this link out to explore more on affiliate marketing (deck included)
Four Ways to Earn Money Online through Affiliate Marketing
They say the easiest method to earn money online is through affiliate marketing. But have you ever wondered how publishers or affiliates make money from this?
If you want to become an affiliate, make sure you know how affiliate marketing works. Here are the four most common types of payment methods used today by merchants, publishers, and affiliate managers:
- Pay per Click (PPC)
This is perhaps the most famous and the easiest way affiliates with small web sites earn money online. With PPC, the merchant pays its affiliate for every click that a visitor makes on his/her page’s or web site’s ad. Fees for PPC programs are usually small and don’t exceed a dollar for each click.
- Pay per Lead (PPL)
Insurance, finance, and other firms often use this method to get more customer leads. The merchant pays its affiliate only when the referred visitor signs up or fills up a form from the merchant’s web site. Fees for PPL programs range from $2 to $20 or more.
- Pay per Sale (PPS)
This method is probably the most lucrative way to earn money among other payment schemes. However, it is also highly competitive and time consuming. With PPS, the merchant pays its affiliate every time a visitor clicks on the affiliate link and buys something from the merchant’s web site. They pay their affiliates monthly and on a commission basis.
- Pay per Impression (PPI)
This method is often called cost-per-mille (CPM) or cost per thousand impressions. PPI generates revenue based on the number of times people view the ads. The pay for this method tends to be low and often requires large amounts of traffic to gain a generous income.
Which Is Best for You?
To choose the right payment method, you will need to consider the type of content you have and the amount of time you can put into your online marketing efforts. If you have less time to put into marketing and more time into content creation, PPC or PPI ads can be an ideal choice. But if you want to focus on the marketing side rather than the content, PPL or PPS can be a great option.
Need a more sound and expert advice? Turn to AffiliateMission, an agency that offers affiliate marketing and management services. Aside from recruitment and relationship management, we can also assess your business and suggest the affiliate program that suits your needs best.
For further details about our services, you can call us at (888) 876-1702 or send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Comparison Shopping Sites and the Use of Affiliate Marketing
Do you own a comparison shopping website or are you still planning to build one? Know what these sites are and how you can capitalize on your profit and decrease your expenses with the help of an affiliate marketing service.
What Are Comparison Shopping Sites?
Comparison shopping sites, a.k.a. shopbots or comparison shopping engines, are web sites that shoppers use to filter and compare products. They display the price of almost any product from various online retailers, making it easy for buyers to see which stores offer the best prices.
Shopping engines compare products and services using distinct features such as price, quality, payment means, and name of retailer. Shoppers can browse the site’s database of products, each of which links back to the retailer’s web site for the deal to happen.
Here are the top comparison shopping sites.
Shopzilla offers commonly used searches right on the front page, next to the hottest sellers. You can filter the results, too, by price, cost of shopping, and brand.
ShopGoodwill compiles items from hundreds of Goodwill stores from around the world. You can find a handful of serious bargains here.
3) Google Shopping
Google Shopping links you to thousands of products with its vast database. You can sort this overload of results by price, brand, category, store, and related searches you can find on the left side of the page.
PriceGrabber offers a wide range of products, from appliances to video games. They feature seasonal gift guides, how-to videos, and a “deal of the day.”
CarsDirect compares prices of any car make and model. Enter the name, specifications, and your zip code to find the perfect place to buy your dream car.
We offer both affiliate marketing and management services to make your tasks easier. With our roster of partner merchants and affiliate networks, we will take care of the hard work for you. We can manage both your merchants and networks and give you real-time custom reports. For further details on our services, contact us at email@example.com.
Quincy is a former teacher and school director who transitioned into a career in tech. He is the creator of Free Code Camp, an open source community of over 500,000 people who learn to code while building projects for nonprofits.
Quincy first became interested in tech while working in China as a school director. During this time, his focus on using technology to increase efficiency led to a career change. Back in California, Quincy began attending meetups and hackathons as often as he could. His networking efforts led him to his first tech job, and eventually to his founding of Free Code Camp.
In this episode, Quincy and I discuss…
- His career move from teaching to becoming a programmer.
- Why he started Free Code Camp?
- How Free Code Camp is different from paying for profit code camps?
- Is this a Non-profit or for profit business? What’s the long term sustainability around this?
- Is coding for everyone?
- The process someone can expect from learning how to code, to gettting a job.
- and much more!
Affiliate Program Management: Promotion Dos and Don’ts
Since no general guidelines rule online activities, most web sites include a “terms and conditions” page to serve as contract between the site owner and its online visitors. Yet, every user’s duty is to practice proper manners even in the virtual world.
As in other web-based schemes, an affiliate program has its own set of guidelines. Why is this segment of online commerce a huge hit nowadays?
Joining an affiliate program remains one decent means to earn extra money. Thus, to a few marketers, it serves as an excellent source of revenue. Still a handful of people use this scheme erroneously.
What to Practice
As affiliate marketers, they expect you to pledge to the contract or agreement you signed. In the same manner, when you promote someone else’s product, remember to support a few important methods of practice.
- Try and trust the product or service you market. Speak of its usefulness to your clients. Finally, you will see that promoting something you use or are confident of need no hard selling tactic.
- Make a proficient and accessible web site to engage many online users. If you blog or are involved in freelance writing, you should keep good online accounts and pages. They will attract both merchants and buyers.
- Extract the most out of the tips and resources given by merchants. They may offer clues on how you can promote their products in the best methods possible. Banners alone may be insufficient. So ask the merchant for keywords to use in boosting the business’ online presence.
- Define the most practical selling techniques and apply them. Study how your rivals or other affiliate marketers promote their merchants’ products and services.
What to Avoid
Avoid a few terrible practices to guarantee your success in this form of online marketing system.
- Shun negative marketing. Avoid hinting to your clients that the product is “not a scam.” This approach is wrong. Fend off talking “why this stuff is not a scam.” Shoppers may suppose you are being defensive on the issue when no one says any of that sort as regards the product.
- Keep yourself from offering any product or service you or your merchants cannot deliver. Instead, why not offer stuff counted in as a part of the client’s purchase.
- Refrain from promoting products or services far different from what you own or run online.
- Never sell products traded by industry rivals or companies having different philosophies.
Allow our team to assist you with your affiliate program management needs! We are an expert affiliate marketing agency.
Affiliate Manager Lists 5 Common Types of Publisher
Are you a merchant looking for affiliates or publishers to market your product or service? What are your requirements and how do you choose them?
Though it is easy to find affiliates these days with the Internet’s help, it is still wise to pick the best partners that can help you tap more potential customers and promote your business legally. Not all affiliates can market your product in the same way as the others, too, so it helps if you assess each type and figure out those who can help you reach your business goal. Below are the five most common types of publisher:
- PPC Partners- These are the ones who can spend their own bucks in driving traffic to your site via a pay per click (PPC) engine. Though they can be a wise choice as partners, their strategies can also be subject to abuse due to the increase of bot traffic or incentivized human traffic. Thus, make sure you screen your affiliates well, design a system that can block unlawful PPC practices, and work only with legitimate affiliates who can drive quality traffic to your site.
- Social Media Partners- These partners are very flexible and adept in using various online networking platforms. They know the right strategies to use, in particular, how to create social media accounts and provide ‘likes,’ ‘tweets,’ ‘retweets,’ ‘good reviews,’ and ‘video content’ among others.
- Coupon-focused Partners- They attract buyers with great deals—vouchers and discount coupons. They may post an ad or send e-mails to target clients, often savvy online buyers.
- Content-based Partner Sites- Blogs are the best example of this type. As we all know it, bloggers have a fair share in generating traffic as they can create targeted contents. Blogs that talk about your product (using a good set of keywords) will surely drive traffic to your site.
- Shopping Comparison Sites- Just like a huge one-stop shopping mall, these types of affiliate collect various types of products and put them on a single web site. They make use of marketer data feeds in posting the items. They display results based on user’s search and link each item directly to its respective merchant’s web site.
Are you new to affiliate marketing? Are you still yet to grasp the best practices that can help you reach business success? Do not just rely on gut feelings and fickle trial-and-error marketing practices. Seek help from an experienced affiliate management agency.
Visit www.affiliatemission.com now to get a free consultation!
In 1997, after going for a long run, Seth Goldman was frustrated with the sugar-filled drinks at the corner market. So he brewed up a beverage in his kitchen, and turned it into Honest Tea. The company’s mission was to create and promote great-tasting, truly healthy, organic beverages.
In 2008, Coca Cola bought 40% stake of Honest Tea, and, in 2011, it acquired the company. Seth has remained with Honest Tea since the acquisition as President and TeaEO. Today, Honest Tea is the top selling organic bottled tea in the US, and offers a range of lower-sugar drinks, sold in more than 100,000 outlets across the US.
Mission in a Bottle: The Honest Guide to Doing Business Differently–and Succeeding(affiliate link) tells the story of their start-up in a graphic novel format. Nalebuff is a professor at the Yale School of Management; Goldman, a graduate of the school, is one of his former students. http://missioninabottle.net/
Forbes, Honest Business, Honest Marketing
A copy of our book! Great Read
We’ve been doing a lot of podcasts to share our knowledge about doing business, side hustles or what we call “horizontal money” and affiliate marketing but we’re like anyone else and have a vast range of podcasts that we listen to and enjoy and not everyone deals directly with business but it sure does help the time go by!
We want to share to you other podcasts that we’ve enjoyed for the past couple months and it’s our goal to bring you more each quarter. Please share us yours!
Here are our BEST podcasts to listen to start the month of March with!
1. I’ll Name This Podcast Later – By Joe Budden
Joe Budden and his friends Rory & Mal sit down every week to discuss life, music, sex, and more. Tune in and follow along the crazy adventures of these very random friends.
2. How I Built This – by NPR
How I Built This is a podcast about innovators, entrepreneurs, and idealists, and the stories behind the movements they built. Each episode is a narrative journey marked by triumphs, failures, serendipity and insight — told by the founders of some of the world’s best known companies and brands.
3. Sword and Scale – Sword and Scale
The Sword and Scale true-crime podcast is an immersive audio experience covering the underworld of criminal activity and the demented minds that perform the most despicable and unthinkable actions, proving that the worst monsters are very real. We cover true-crime stories, high-profile trials, unsolved murders and missing persons cases.
4. PTI – ESPN
Pardon the Interruption is a sports television show that airs weekdays on various ESPN TV channels, TSN, BT Sport ESPN, XM, and Sirius satellite radio services, and as a downloadable podcast. Tony Kornheiser and Michael Wilbon face off on the day’s hottest topics.
5. Real Time with Bill Maher – HBO Podcasts
Real Time with Bill Maher is a talk show that airs weekly on HBO, hosted by comedian and political satirist Bill Maher.
6. Couple Money Podcast – Elle Martinez
Elle Martinez and Couple Money Podcast tackles how to build up your marriage and net worth. Whether it’s comparing Dave Ramsey’s debt snowball versus an avalanche, investing smarter, and automating savings à la Ramit Sethi, or using principles from Tim Ferriss and others to hack an efficient and effective financial system, this podcast is about helping the two of you to master your money together.
7. Missions & Marketplace Podcast – Priest Willis
Missions & Marketplace talks with business and thought leaders to discuss their passions in and outside of business and how it drives them to give and be citizens of goodwill. Missions & Marketplace Podcast is brought to you by Affiliate Mission. Affiliate Mission is a premier affiliate marketing and management agency dedicated to your needs and the needs of your business. We realize that your time is valuable and your success is crucial; we offer one of the most comprehensive arrays of affiliate management services in the industry, designed to maximize your profits and ensure your continued success in the affiliate marketing world.